DreamHost is a company which provides web hosting and domain name registrar. DreamHost is founded in 1996 by Josh Jones, Dallas Bethune, Michael Rodriguez, and Sage Weil, undergraduate students at Harvey Mudd College in Claremont California, and it was registered by Michael Rodriguez in 1997.
DreamHost is the Dinosaur among all other web hosts. DreamHost is hosting over 1.5 million sites and claiming over 400,000 active customers. DreamHost is very well respected. It is awarded by PCMag’s ‘ Best Web Hosting Service ’ award for the second year in a row. They even offer too crazy features like a 100% uptime (or you get refunded) and 97-day money back guarantee.
Shared hosting being what it is, Dreamhost is the best compared to other shared hosts we have encountered. We Have not used their VPS services or their dedicated hosting, or their dream dress. We do use their DreamObjects S3 compatible object store, the DreamCompute and have used their shared hosting.
It’s always the small details that lead to excellent ratings, and Dreamhost has consistently delivered to me in spades. They have an API, a web-panel, free SSL certificates from LetsEncrypt.
As a first time user, we are having the stewardship of a website minor daunting when you have a team of individual professionals looking at the big picture for you. It offers you peace of mind, and you can enjoy your work.
We have tried my luck with many different hosting services, ranging from GoDaddy to HostGator and even SiteBuilder. Out of every hosting service We’ve used, DreamHost has blown them out of the water! Customer Service is excellent with providing support; they’re very professional but also very personable. They know what they’re talking about when it comes to their work and are quick to identify any issues and resolve them. We’ve never had problems with downtime, and they give their customers access to a lot of features most hosting services restrict. We will continue to recommend DreamHost to everyone we come across who needs a website; they’re that good!
DreamHost’s every plan has a base price, with volume discounts, as well as multiple sub-plans underneath.
We’ll start with the most straightforward topic of plans. Two flavors offered in the Remixer, website builder. DreamHost’s base plan starts for $7.95 per month and is useful for personal blogs or portfolios. It is the All Access plan that allows us to install WordPress on our domain and allows to host it on a shared server.
The most inexpensive option is the WordPress on shared servers. If you want to use a different platform or option, shared hosting moves to $10.95 per month. However, you will get a volume discount of $7.95 per month if billed every three years and $9.95 per month if charged yearly or annually.
DreamPress comes out with the best option for WordPress hosting. DreamPress servers boost speeds on WordPress sites. Its plan starts at $19.95 per month, and volume discounts are available if you billed annually.
100% Uptime Guarantee; it’s common you have heard of 99.955 or even 99.99% uptime. But uncommonly DreamHost offers a 100% uptime guarantee across all its platforms like hosting plans, VPS, whether shared or dedicated. That’s a bold claim, but it is also stated in their terms of service that a failure to offer 100% uptime will get you refunded or compensated. If your website, email, database, SSH, or FTP become unavailable, then you will receive a DreamHost point or credit that will be equal to 1 day of service, for the 1 hour of downtime.
Understandably, the uptime guarantee doesn’t cover organized maintenance, configuration, or coding errors on your part. DreamHost considers your downtime to start when you open a support ticket, so the faster you’re aware of your website going down and open the ticket, the better. However, this level of guarantee is desirable to all users looking for a reliable host.
- Multiple Options: DreamHost not only provides shared hosting plans but also VPS, managed WordPress hosting, cloud servers, and dedicated servers, so you will have more and more options to choose from.
- One Free Domain Name for Life: While most of the web hosting companies provide a free domain name for a year, DreamHost offers a free domain name for the life of your account.
- Unlimited Bandwidth & Storage: DreamHost provides unlimited storage and bandwidth with your DreamHost plans, that is stated in their terms of service.
- Unlimited Domain Hosting: You can have as many domains (websites) as you want in your DreamHost account.
- Cloud Storage Service: DreamHost’s cloud storage service is DreamObjects, so you can use it for backup your personal files or whether you want to use it. You can use it free for 30 days trial.
- Only Ticket/Email Support: DreamHost does not provide live chat or telephone support which is available in some of the web hosting sites, which could be a problem for some people.
- No Plesk or cPanel: DreamHost has a proprietary web-based control panel, rather than Plesk or cPanel.
- No Reseller Account: DreamHost does not offer a Reseller Account.
DreamHost is one of the well-known and one of the most popular in the field of web hosting sites and companies, with some great guarantees.
The 100% uptime guarantee and the 97-day money-back guarantee shows that they are very much confident in what they have to offer. Their plans are also fairly standard and straightforward.
Overall they provide an excellent web hosting service and yes we recommend you also to use their service.